Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Model Shoot - 9/14/08













Above are some of the photos I shot during a model photography session in downtown Syracuse on Sunday, Sept. 14, 2008. I highly recommend clicking on the photos to enlarge the image.

It had been a while since I last photographed real models under these conditions -- where models actually pose for a few minutes while both they and I made adjustments to get the best possible shot from each pose.
That takes time, patience, creativity, and a mutual desire to achieve the best results.
In most other cases these days, when I'm shooting photos of other people, it's a much more hurried process. Usually it's just aim and shoot and hope for the best.

But on this late Sunday afternoon, I got together with a few photographers from the Syracuse Modeling Meetup Group, plus three models, and for about two hours we did a photo shoot in downtown Syracuse, on a shady street between an office building and a parking lot.

The other three photographers and myself had photographer models before, but the models themselves were pretty much novices.
We were all patient with each other, and I'm pretty happy with many of the photos I shot. And I really look forward to seein' what the other photographers captured as well.

No comments: