Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Meetup On A Full Moon Night







- all photos by Larry Hoyt -copyright 2008 Larry Hoyt
- click on photos to enlarge image - highly recommended -
========================================

The night of the full moon before Halloween!
Above are some photos I shot of the Syracuse Photography Meetup Group's monthly social get-together on that warm moonlit night.

The top photos are of Cathryn Lahm, a professional photographer, who always seems to have fun shooting candids at these get-togethers. A few other folks had their cameras with them, but I think Cathryn and I shot the most pictures between the two of us.

During the gathering, the fire alarm went off at the Parkview Hotel, where we meet in the hotel lounge. We all exited the hotel for a few minutes while fire engines arrived and fire fighters made sure the place was indeed safe to go back into.

While outside, a friendly street person, Ray, came over and started to ask questions about this and that. I shot a few photos of Ray and he invited me over to his bench in the park where he sleeps. I shot a few more photos of Ray on his bench and I gave him a dollar, asking him if it was OK for me to use the photos I was shooting of him. He said "Sure thing!".

Later, many inthe group went over to Pastabilities, where Dick Schultz currently has some of his photos on display. It was there that I had an interesting talk with Steve about photographic style and expression and self-discovery through photography. I shot a few photos of Steve, without flash, just relying on the very intense red light from the Pastabilities neon sign.

No comments: