Thursday, October 9, 2008

More of Meadowbrook







all photos by Larry Hoyt - copyright 2008 LarryHoyt
-- click on image to enlarge photo --
======================================
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Meadowbrook Basin is one of the prettiest sites in Central New York, especially in autumn, especially on a beautifully sunny October day with temperatures around 70 degrees.

While I was shooting photos at Meadowbrook (on Thursday, Oct. 9, at 5:30 pm), around 60 geese gathered in the pond.

I don't know if something spooked them, or maybe it was just time to go, but all of a sudden, about 40 of them took off, flying away from me.

I could actually feel the air move from all the flapping of the wings from these good-sized birds.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any photos of the gesse that I especially liked, but I did get a few others worth posting (above).

No comments: