Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Photography Every Day






==========================
all photos copyright 2008 Larry Hoyt
-- click on photo to enlarge image --
==========================

I continue to do a lot of photography these days.
This past weekend, August 15 - 17, 2008, offered me several opportunities to shoot some of my favorites subjects: Nature, people, and people making music. And also, people dancing. As a photographer, and as a musician, I think there's something cool about seeing people moving in motion to the music.

The top two photos I shot at sunrise at Kellish Farm in Manlius, New York. The camera I was using was my little Canon video camcorder, using the still picture mode. Sometimes I'm kinda impressed with the quality that thing can deliver.

I shot the African dancer at the Latino Festival in Clinton Square in downtown Syracuse on Sunday. This elegant lady looked both graceful and athletic.

On my way home from the Soundcheck concert at Syracuse's Inner Harbor, I had to stop and turn my bike around to shoot a photo of the three lighted office doorways, covered by their red canopies. It's amazing what one can see when one takes the time to look.

====================================

No comments: